I have come up with 5 ways that will guaranteed make you feel productive as a stay at home mom. Being a stay at home mom you don’t always have places to go. Usually your stuck at home with the kids cleaning + playing + cleaning + cleaning oh sorry I already said cleaning + making lunches + cleaning. Ya get my point. So most of the time we don’t always feel like getting out of your pj’s and doing that day after day can really get to you and make you feel like your just wasting day after day. So, here’s my advice for you guys out there that want to feel productive with simple task.
1. TAKE A SHOWER- my number one rule to feeling more like a human and less like a pile of dirt that just feel out of your child’s diaper after playing in the sand box all day. Just feel clean can make you instantly feel like you did something today. You don’t feel like such a scum bag and can at least say “yeah I showered today”. For real though guys even if your dirt tired and don’t want to do a thing today but your mind is playing games and makes you feel like all you do is sit on your ass, just shower.
2. PUT SOME MAKEUP ON- I do this every now and then because I have noticed I feel good when I do it and my husband should come home to me looking hot rather than looking like I played in the sandbox all day too (see what I did there 😊). I always fight with myself that I hate putting makeup if I’m not even leaving the house and it put it on only to have it on for 4 hours? I came a long way passed that and just felt good and ready for anything with a face on. Even if you just put mascara + blush on.
3. SHUT DOWN ALL SCREENS- I still work on this every day. Try to shut down every screen in the house and just be in the moment. See what comes about or what conversations start. Even if the kids were up till late and didn’t sleep worth shit and woke up every hour, our day still goes on, you can’t just sit in bed and go back to sleep so at least try to feel productive and not feel like a waste of human space and just sit on the floor and see what happens for one hour.
4. GO OUTSIDE- I think fresh air can change your mood instantly. Go outside and just let the kids run. If you live in a community and you don’t have an open backyard just hang out on the porch or the sidewalk, let them play with rocks, chalk, or just sit out there. Sometimes as soon as we wake up I let the dogs out and of course the kids sneak out right behind them so some days I just leave the door open make some coffee and sit my ass down right there in the door way. It’s a great start for the day to already set the mood to not feel lazy and like you did something. If I can get outside for an hour I raise my hand high and pat myself on the back. Summer times we are always outside though.
5. DO THE DISHES – As a stay at home mom or just a person in general you feel as if there are duties to do in the house every day. Which, sure there is but if you stay at home all day everyday you feel as more its your duty to do it since you just “sit on your ass all day”. So, one thing that makes me feel good and not letting anyone down is the dishes. I make the kitchen look nice and put the dishes up and, in the dishwasher, so it looks spotless. A clean house can change your attitude in seconds. A clutter house is a cluttered mind.
You guys are still a badass even if you sit on your ass all day. Ever since I became a stay at home mom, I’ve had trouble with it. It was my dream, as I’m sure its many of yours too, to be home and raise your own kids. I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but no one tells you what it takes and what it does to someone to a stay at home mom. Maybe that should be the next blog? Not everyone understands the side effects that comes with being a stay at home mom. You are leading your own life as well as your children’s. So, when you’re feeling like shit about yourself, try these simple steps. I guarantee they help you.
It’s just me, being Courtney